Prioritizing mental health in your workplace is both caring and good business practice. But you're busy. You don't have time to become an expert. Not, to worry, I am.
I'm a Certified Compassion Fatigue Professional, with twenty years clinical and group facilitation experience. I also have extensive experience in the Violence Against Women Sector, leadership knowledge and experience as a Clinical Supervisor, member of a non-profit management team and graduate of Leadership Waterloo Region.
Public speaking experience includes: small and large groups, panel discussions, virtual and local workshops, provincial and national conferences and a featured guest on podcasts and local media.
Having recovered from vicarious trauma and burn out, I am passionate about providing a safe space for personal and group reflections and empowerment through a variety of research based approaches.
Choose from one of the workshops below or request one customized to the unique needs of your staff or group.
Check out this Pandemic Recovery free resource.
Kate Taylor, Director of Programs YWCA Cambridge
Re: Trauma Informed Workshop "Care for Caregivers" Oct 2021
Feedback from Participants from Conestoga College
"1. Educators understanding the triggers of behaviours of trauma has allowed educators to be more supportive and empathetic to their children. Actively trying to stay away from re-traumatizing.
2. We have been able to support more families with these needs given the information shared with us.
3. Educators are setting up classrooms that are welcoming and support children’s sense of belonging.
4. Staff wellness and advocacy for what staff need has been more evident (path of recovery)
5. More collaboration to support decision making
6. Empowerment support in all areas of the department to help with resilience and building on staff capacity." - Kristina Lyman, RECE Director of Child Care Services, YWCA Cambridge
Participant, Sifton Properties Inc, Retirement Living